Saturday 6 June 2015

The Diary of a Cheater



I know you we're thinking, "These ****** ain't loyal" when you clicked on this post. Haha! Well, technically, this post is about cheating. Except this time its on deceiving the cold :)

How are you dealing with the cold? Are you consuming all the hot drinks you can find? Or are you earning some cash from all those consuming all the hot drinks they can find? Are you snuggling with someone special? Or some special people? Or no one! (LOL!) Oooooorrr do you simply NOT care?

Well, I'm thinking about clothes & how to style them for the cold.

Lemme give you a background description of what I feel first:

I am such a pluviophile! I just LOVE the rain. That smell right before the rain. The way the colours of everything you come across are washed into their most vibrant nature. The freshness of the air. All that jazz. Its wonderful! I wish I could live in this beauty forever! (Okay, maybe forever is too long. Lol!)

In fact, its raining outside right now! Perfect ambiance for this post...

Being in June, I find myself wearing almost all my cold weather clad until I eventually get bored. I keep looking at all my warm weather apparel longingly thinking, "when am I gonna wear my babies??" I don't know about you guys but I think that the August sun is taking forever to get here!

Anyway, I figure that this is the best time to show you how I mix it up & cheat this cold weather with some of that sunny weather apparel :)

Below is my 'exhibit A' on cold weather styling :)




Its pretty simple. I took this coral sun dress I really missed, threw on some stockings, boots (I absolutely love the studded detail on this specific pair) & a warm blazer. I paired the whole outfit with a black sling bag. I love the black lace detail on the dress that complements the other black pieces making up the outfit. Not only did I get myself warm but I also used that pretty sun dress to add a splash of colour to the cold-weather outfit! Perfection? No? Lol!

Show me (or tell me) how you're getting through this chilly weather :)

Stay warm and most of all, stay chic!

xx
Mimmie

2 comments:

  1. Looking amazing,I love the shoes and the little dress top adds a nice brightness to the ensemble
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete