Saturday 30 May 2015

Welcome to the military



I know, I know. There's no military that has a smiling girl chilling on grass as seen in some of the pictures in this post. If anything, all photographs in this post should be absolutely serious. I however, love to smile and laugh a little too much. (All my serious photos also looked absolutely ridiculous so I just gave up that idea.. Haha!) So bare with me boos :)

The question we should be asking ourselves right about now is, 'whose reporting for duty this spring?'
You guessed it! The Military!

Trendspiration

This has been a big spring/summer trend in several runways this year. Fashionistas are now incorporating little bits of olive green, military cuts, camouflage print or a neutral palette to their outfits. That means you don't have to have a head-to-toe approach to the trend unless you can pull it off. Below is my street wear interpretation of the trend :)




I'm also loving these rugged Timberland boots. Perfect for the cold.

Are you absolutely loving this trend or what??

-Photography by Michael King'oriah.


*******

In other news;

1.)
I can never seize to say how amazing you guys are! For real! Sometimes I simply can't believe it.
Here's why: last night, I was chilling on my bed (& watching Big Bang Theory which has been my current obsession) after a long and tiring day at work. A Facebook inbox pops up. My friend has just sent a link to me.

I open it and I'm like "whoa, whoa, whoa, whooooooooaaaaaa!!! Top 10 newest fashion bloggers? Amazing! How the hell did that happen??? Lol!" I swear I almost rolled out of my bed and onto the ground, flat on my face. Too much happiness, I'm not kidding you!

You guys always leave me in awe. Its positive vibes all through. I love it!

So, thank you Tonny Ngungu and Ghafla.co.ke & a big thank you to you, my ever so wonderful readers! That's two features this year. It's uber-encouraging and just fills me with more and more happiness and love for you. Hearts, butterflies, rainbows and kisses to all y'all!!


Follow this link to check out the other bloggers I was featured along with and this link for the first feature they ever did on me. To get more daily updates about my (totally unpredictable) life, you might wanna check out my Facebook or Instagram pages.


2.)
I would also love to thank you guys for all the immense love and support that came through after Kanini's Lupus Awareness post. The responses were filled with so much love and encouragement that I almost cried & although she won't admit it, I know she almost cried as well... (Kanini if you're reading this, please don't kill me.. Lol!) People shared it so much and because of that, we reached more than 4,000 people! That's 4,000 more people aware about the disease! This fills me with so much love. I really appreciate you guys.

3.)
I recently had a random idea. Instead of putting up the boring old outfit posts, why don't I talk about the fashion trends that my outfits represent? The above was first of such posts. I hope you enjoy it! :)



First trend, Military; because we're badass like that.
Happy long weekend!! Yaaay!! :D

Nawapenda!

xx
Mimmie




2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and your smile too.
    www.proudlyelled.com

    ReplyDelete