Saturday 25 July 2015

An Ode to the country


I'm on holiday at the moment. As most of you know, I've been working most of the time but every chance I can, I have some fun. Part of being on holiday is adventure.

This time, I went somewhere I always do. The real adventure was to see it with new eyes.

Here's what I brought back for you. :)

*******

For Meru.

I could never quite grasp the concept of beauty until you opened my eyes one cold night. I let them wander for the first time ever.

I looked up to see you looking back. Your eyes shone brighter than the city's. Looking back at me with those little constellations of the universe's beauty, bright and clear. Lighting up the dark skies and everything underneath. Nothing to interrupt our moment. I felt at peace.

I breathed you in. Fresh. Clear. Just as the creator meant you to be. Far from the vile sounds of 'civilization' and closer to the sound of your true nature.

I could close my eyes and feel your warmth wrap me softly. Finally I could appreciate you more than I ever thought I would.

Now I write an ode to your beauty. 

To your gentle, icy warmth. To your subtle bird sounds that wake me up in the morning. To your green leaves and gentle breezes. Your bright and beautiful constellations and your pleasant morning sun. To your yellow full moon lighting up the hearts of all those who see it. Your canvas full of green hills, valleys and trees. Your fertile land and its juicy fruits. Your healthy animals, vibrant people and their miraa addictions (Lol!)

To your most conspicuous and mysterious wonder, Mt. Kenya.

& to more than I can ever describe in simple words...

I hope that they can all know you as you really are. I hope that you stay this way long enough for my family and friends to meet you. Who knows? Maybe i'll be privileged enough to meet other beautiful places like you in the future...

If you're wondering what this is; its our dirty car. Lol!










For now, I'll leave them my photographic memory of your immense beauty. 

Sincerely,
Miss Wanderlust.


*******

xx 
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment