Wednesday 9 July 2014

Introducing Christie Brown


It gives me a certain tingly feeling to see an African Fashion brand stand out for doing their work to exquisiteness. I could call it happiness but it's more than that. It is gratitude for making Africa stand out and respect for that bravery as well. Christie Brown is one of those brands that literally made my jaw drop!

"It's really about allowing women to experience the culturally rich and opulent side of Africa without having to compromise their personal contemporary style"

I don't know about you but that phrase already thrilled me. I am now looking at my keyboard trying to figure out the right words to describe this amazing brand... 

The Ghanaian based luxury brand was founded by Aisha Obuobi in 2008 having their first run way show in Accra. She was greatly inspired by her grandmother, Christie Brown, who was an impeccable seamstress, sewing garments that were beautiful and vibrant. This resulted to her great love for fashion at a young age up to date bringing her local and international success.

The brand brings a true definition to creativity. We see modern minimalistic designs infused with a debonair African feel. The woman wearing Christie Brown seeks to immediately bring an air of sophistication and edgy elegance wherever she goes. Aisha is no mainstream designer, no. She is an exceptional one with designs of great finesse that are sure to propel Africa forward in the international world of fashion. I don't know about you but that absolutely inspires me.

Here are the pieces from her spring summer collection 2014/15.


  







source of images

African fashion is growing aboundingly. I honestly can't wait to see what more is in store and take part in it!

Lots of love...

xx
Mimmie 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too.. I'm also greatly drawn to the asymmetrical one :)

      Delete