Monday 7 July 2014

White Tee Chic


I often shied away from t-shirts because I thought that they were suited for the basic plain Jane who I refused to be. Boy, was I wrong!

 "I believe that fashion is not what you wear but how you wear it. Its more than putting together outfits and creating different looks, but a form of expression of one's identity, creating a new outer layer of skin. I live it, I breathe it, I express it"
- Adetayo Fajemisin

I now live by the above words. This vile world and its changing trends can make you lose your identity but you must refuse to let it go. You must show it in what you wear, how you justly and diligently work and how you graciously carry yourself out. The confidence that exudes from you makes your light shine so bright that if you just add a little pizazz to whatever you are wearing and whatever you are doing it shall be nothing but pure perfection.

I got this white t-shirt after volunteering at FAFA (Festival For Fashion and Arts) which was one of the most amazing and beneficial experiences I got this year. I absolutely loved the tee and was itching to try new outfit pairings with it. In this look, I paired the white t-shirt with pastel blue denim jeans and a blue blazer that has a slightly darker shade than the entire ensemble. I added some chic through my animal print flats, a red beaded bracelet and a bright smile and that was all I needed to add some chic to the basic tee. The blazer adds a little structure to the whole outfit. This outfit would be perfect when trying to achieve a semi-casual look.

 

 

 



A little advice: try add a little creativity to your outfits and you will be surprised at what you can achieve. I believe that there's an artist inside each one of us. :)

I hope you have a beautiful Monday and fruitful week loves! Keep the peace and be kind :)

xx
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment