Wednesday 16 July 2014

Something Military, Something Burgundy...


Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the military trend! My mom bought me this jacket months before the Cruise Season shows were out and once I got it, it was love at first (try). She must've had some sort of supernatural powers when she was buying it because she got the fit right, the colour, minimalistic design and on top of that, military designs later became a major trend on Resort 2015! All hail maternal instincts :D

I paired this wonderful coat with my burgundy pants worn here, a black graphic vest, a red scarf and brown cheetah print shoes also worn here. I think by now you've all realized that I might be a tad bit obsessed with my burgundy pants but you know, a girl loves what she loves. Haha! The red scarf brightens up the dull military green colour adding a bit of femininity on the whole look. The fitted pants were also perfect for the outfit because the graphic vest is a bit baggy. Enjoy the outfit pics by the lovely Kendi :)


 


I love that slogan!

In other exciting news...
Quite recently a wonderful lady by the name Shane Muriuki got into contact with me to tell me about an amazing event, Fashion Lounge III. It is the third edition of the successful Fashion Lounge events with the theme as "Fashion on Ice". I don't know about you guys but that theme already got me hooked! This is an event that was founded by the Adelia Fashion Group CEOs, Joel and Jane, who noticed that designers did not sell their designs as they would have wished to after events. Their goal is to promote Kenyan designers and their products through marketing and branding. The event provides a wonderful platform where designers can network with different people in the Kenyan fashion industry such as bloggers, photographers, models, established and upcoming fashion designers amongst others so as to promote themselves and acquire some inspiration. It will also be an awesome shopping experience!


Adelia fashion group will be launched at a fashion showcase and cocktail party on Saturday the 19th of July 2014 featuring Kenyan brands such as Afromoda, Mercy, Pyrie, Cobe, Dafina amongst other talented Kenyan designers. I'm excited to see and take photos of the designs in the show and red carpet looks as well! Here is a sneak peek on what I will have on..

Shoes from my favourite store, Zyzy :)
You can get your tickets on 0722 753 294 and more information on the event here.

Excited? I am! See you there loves :)

xx
Mimmie

2 comments: