Sunday 15 June 2014

Hot and cold



Have y'all seen how undecided this weather has been lately? Katy Perry must've been in Nairobi around this time of the year when she was getting inspiration for her song, Hot n Cold. Lol! Every morning I take half my prep time trying to be a weather girl; predicting the weather so that I can pick out an outfit. Girl problems you know...
Today was just one of those hot and cold days. I was freezing in the morning when I was heading to church but by the time the service was over, the sun's shining bright.

For such days you want to look good but fairly warm. I tend to gravitate towards simpler ensembles with my style so I paired my Boho sweater with burgundy denim jeans and burgundy flats, adding a pop of colour and chic with my red bowed clutch bag. The gold detail on my flats went superbly with the gold statement neck piece and gold rimmed sunnies. (Okay, I might have a bit of a gold craze going on. Haha!) I bought this Bohemian sweater from a friend in school. I especially loved its overall shape and the fact that its simply black and white.

As for my hair, I put some kinky's in as a protective hairstyle. This weather seems to dry out my mane a tad too much despite my moisturising efforts so I thought I should cover her up. When I initially got plaited I thought they were okay but when I got home, I impulsively cut them into a bob and fell totally in love with the do.

Anyway, enjoy the super-sized photos and if you please, tell me how you work around this changing weather :) A massive shout out to one of my close friends, Emmanuel for being a wonderful photographer and choreographer despite my occasional camera-shyness.








Have yourselves an amazing week loves!

xx
Mimmie





6 comments:

  1. eep! that sweater :) lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously lusting after this sweater gosh!!

    www.mumbishokey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Same goes for me and your bags my dear! Thank you though :)

      Delete