Monday 23 June 2014

Nature's Botox!


Picture this, you've planned a meeting with her. You took a bit of a long time but still made it. Better half loaf than none right? "Here we go" You go through the driveway and park. It looks a bit lonely but she must be in there...
You get out of your car, lock it and enter the house through the back door. All you can hear is the Sanjay and Craig theme song in the background. You figure she might be in the sitting room. You walk slowly heading there and finally find her just sitting there, mashing up some goo with her fork. Instead of eating it, she applies it all on her face..... "Wooooosh! Huyo ni wa Mathare!!"

Sometimes I think I'm a bit too dramatic but what better way to introduce this yummy food that's yummy for your skin too!!! (Plus do I need to say how much I love Sanjay and Craig? Lol!) 

My cousin found me in that condition the other day, maybe not as dramatically but still the same. Anyway, do you have large pores, frequent break outs and dull skin? Allergies, bruises, mosquito bites, warts, skin irritation and/or wrinkles? Worry no more! Try this and you'll be bananas about, well, bananas!

First, let me give you all a short lesson. Bananas have Potassium, Iron, Vitamins A, B6, B12, E and lectins. All these are contained either in the fruit itself or even the banana peel. Potassium hydrates and moisturises your skin. Vitamin A is an antioxidant, helping to fade those pesky dark spots that come from scars. Vitamin B prevents your skin from harmful UV rays and reduces wrinkling keeping you looking young, smooth and gorgeous/ handsome. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant, preventing skin damage from environmental factors like air pollution, UV light from the sun and cigarette smoke. Lectins promote cell growth therefore your skin is easily renewed. Iron helps our bodies to store oxygen in our muscles. Hello strength and vibrant skin! 

This mask is sometimes called "Natures Botox" and from my experience, I definitely concur! Here's the catch, it doesn't even cost much! Yaay us!!
I took a few photographs that explain how to make it step by step. Here we go!

What you need:

Use any brand of honey and olive oil you wish.







My skin felt like it was just kissed by an angel! It was so smooth and hydrated that I didn't even need to moisturise it. I would highly recommend for you to try it out. Tell me your reviews and enjoy your glowing smooth skin. If you wish, comment on the section below! 

Selfies taken at night on my phone camera hence the poor lighting.. Oh well :)

Lots of love and have an amazing week loves!
xx
Mimmie

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog you got here...i love the post too very informative,will def try that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Von! I love yours as well & I'm pretty sure you'll love this mask :)

      Delete
  2. Will definitely try this over the weekend

    ReplyDelete