Saturday 28 June 2014

The Little Black Dress Chronicles (Part II)


When I was a kid one thing that absolutely baffled me was why women's skirts moved side to side when they walked. I thought it was a trend or something. One day I was shopping at Sarit with my mum and started swaying my skirt while walking, feeling very proud of myself. I felt a sudden sharp pain on my arm as my mum immediately started scolding me. The pain I had after she pinched me was literally dreadful. Friends, I never dared sway my skirt again. Haha! 

Kids, huh? :D
At least I finally came to understand the hip-phenomenon that had troubled me so much. 

The pleated skirt in this ensemble reminds me of that good old story. It's such a swoosh(y) skirt, if I must say, and it clearly brings out the young playful side of me. I layered the skirt over my little black dress, adding a blue scarf and a sort of engraved animal print belt to cinch my waist and give it some umph. The look was finished with a black handbag and a black coat. On some of the pictures I had my favourite pair of oxford shoes on, while in others, a pair of animal print dollies. This outfit is a very nice look for uni. Add a bright cardigan and strappy sandals to make it a Sunday look for church or lunch with the family.

Believe it or not I had a sprained ankle from my morning work out when I was taking these photos. Thanks to Red (my camera) and the lovely Ms. Kendi for making these photos look beautiful despite the pain.





One playful photo for the memories :)

Yaay to pleated skirts right? Right :)

xx
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment