Monday 18 August 2014

Aztec Nation


I think everyone should constantly take some time off to unwind. That, of course, is if you don't want to be that stressed out person walking around like you constantly have a dark cloud on your head and your life is shattering with every step you take. I mean, go to the park and have a little picnic, breathe some fresh air and forget the 'real world' (according to your perception of it) for a bit. Spend some time with people who make you happy, do something that you haven't done for a while or do something new; live a little!

I love taking some days off, just like I did on this day. I feel that when we separate ourselves from the daily hustle we can actually have a great time with people who make us happy. We can take some time to simply reflect on a lot of things and consequently make new plans that would bring growth to our lives. Moreover, we experience a sense of freedom and calm our minds.

Last week we went to the park with my girl, close friends and family to her cousin's birthday. It was such a relief not to see buildings for a change; a greater relief to share stories and laughter, eat a whole lot of junk food, drink some wine and share a good time with family and friends. I wore a pair of Aztec print leggings with a black high-low top and my current obsession; the black and gold high-top sneakers. I topped the whole look off with a denim coat and some simple accessories. It was an extremely comfortable and relaxed ensemble for such a plan. As you all know by now, I am a huge sucker for gold so I got this golden two-chain neck piece from Jemutai Talai and I absolutely fell in love with it. The neck piece went perfectly with golden earrings, my gold rimmed cat-eye sunglasses and the gold accents on the shoes.





Cheers to another year Danny :)

Coincidentally, my girl Lola and I wore the same bag packs from the amazing Zyzy Store. What can I say, great minds think alike... Haha! All the photos above are by her :)


This week, think about this:

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion" -Albert Camus

I hope you all have a lovely week!

xx
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment