Friday 1 August 2014

My Five Watermelon Ways


Hello August!!!

August only means that the hot season or the Kenyan bikini season is about to begin. Most of us are just about to start gracing different parts of Kenya or have a little international travel. This is the time all sorts of things pop up such as road trips, little parties, get togethers and lots more so we try balance them with our busy work/ school schedules. During this time the sun can be a little too scorching and unpleasant for our skin. Believe it or not, watermelon is one of the best fruits to use on your face during such days!

I know, watermelon on your face sounds a little bit insane (maybe extremely insane.. Haha!) but after this post you just might be itching to try it. Watermelon is made of 93% water rich in vitamins A, B1, B6, C; copper, potassium, magnesium, pantothenic acid and biotin. (Some of these elements are contained in bananas as seen previously on Nature's Botox where I explained the importance of such vitamins and minerals for your skin.)

Vitamin A helps to fade dark spots from your skin leaving you looking clear. Vitamin B prevents your skin from harmful UV rays and helps to reduce wrinkling and make you smoother. Vitamin C helps you to maintain healthy resilient skin. It also helps the skin to produce collagen which is a protein that aids the growth of cells making your skin stronger. Copper helps to treat wounds on your skin, potassium helps to hydrate the skin and treat acne, magnesium balances the pH in your skin, pantothenic acid treats aging skin while biotin nourishes skin helping to prevent you from acne, dermatitis, rashes and overall itchiness. As much as watermelon is a pleasure to eat, it is also one of the best foods for your face!

Here are some easy DIY natural toners and facials I stumbled upon that can clean up your pores and bring relief to your skin after the hot season's sun scorched sweaty days.







I tried these remedies one by one and the mixtures helped me feel extremely clean and the build up on my pores was cleared out leaving me looking lighter and glowy. This is one of my best finds and I thought I would share it with you all. I hope it works out for you as much as it did for me :)

Happy new month my friends!

xx
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment