Monday 11 August 2014

Take a Chill Pill :)


Last Friday was one of those days I had like 10 billion errands to run. Okay, obviously not 10 billion but it sure felt like it! I was so tired and the only thing I needed to do to end the day was to take a good old chill pill and watch the sun set. Its these little things that we often take for granted that make life absolutely wonderful...

I wore a black A-line ruffled skirt with a white graphic vest and a folded denim shirt as my cover up. I've been experimenting on creative ways to wear this oversized denim shirt and I shall be putting some of these ways up on the blog. This method involves folding the shirt halfway and making a quick tie at the front. I must say, it worked just right for the outfit because it didn't overwhelm the skirt and graphic vest underneath. When you wear a ruffled skirt you need to ensure that whatever you pair it with doesn't make the whole outfit look too bulky. As you can see, I minimized on my accessories, only wearing my Cartier watch, silver ring and black and gold earrings. I had so many errands to run in town and therefore opted for flats. I love these burgundy ones from Mr. Price because they have a gold chain detail on them which is really chic! I also wore this to the Kenya Creative Week (besides my other errands) which I shall be blogging about it really soon.

The tied denim shirt

 

 
  


My inspirational quote this week is:
"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

Take a risk to achieve your goal, put all your heart and effort into it and have faith that God will see you through. You never know, it just might be your breakthrough!

For more updates on this blog, check out my Facebook page. Have an amazing and fruitful week dearies. Lots of love!

xx
Mimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment